Yes, 2005 beginns with a heap of brandnew releases on Ackee & Saltfish…
* Check out new artist PERFECT and his hit-tune „Hand Cart Bwoy“… this one big inna JA (courtesy of DJRJ from Austin’s Reggae Evolution… big up!).
* MICHAEL ROSE delivers a great album entitled „Babylon 9/11“ on the LoveInjection-label… you gonna love this one for sure if you’re into Waterhouse-style. Plus: Mr. Rose shows a softer side for a change, and it fits him very well.
* A re-release inna Rubadub-style: JAH BATTA’s „Argument“ on the Wackies-label. This one is serious early 80’s stuff… boom bass!
* Old time come back again with the mighty BURNING SPEAR: Heartbeat Records just released a set entitled „Creation Rebel“, featuring tunes the Spear recorded at Studio One… this one is essential Reggae-History!
* Discover a wicked, wicked new artist: ZION JUDAH. His album „Divine Creation“ might no be the best of all productions… but hey, give the man a good producer and a proper label, and the world of Reggae has a new star for sure! Yes, the vocal delivery and the songwriting is that good… wicked!
* Since „Foundation Rockers“ was released, the TWILIGHT CIRCUS DUB SOUND SYSTEM has become one of our favorite acts. Now here comes „Remixed: Dubwise“ featuring a lot of tracks from the Foundation Rockers-album in a RMX-style. Means: Boom-shots, just the way we like it!
* We were in for a big surprise when hearing MIDNITE’s new „Full Cup“-CD. Not much of a Reggae-release at all with all the chanting over slow HipHopish-beats! But hearing the album a couple of times, you really do begin to discover the beauty within. We guess it’s more of a Vaughn Benjamin-solo-recording and has not much to do with Midnite as a band… but actually we can’t tell you or give you any details, as the promo-copy from the Natural Vibes-label came unfortunatly without any cover/booklet/liner-notes… sorry!
Thomas Kriz (Produzent/in)