„A woman arrives in Athens in the height of summer to teach a writing course. Once there, she becomes the audience to a chain of narratives as the people she meets tell her one after another the stories of their lives.
Around the table this evening: Sonja, Georg, Sandra and Andrew discuss:
- the front cover and the title ‚Online‘
- the type of book: autobiograpy? novel? collection of stories?
- the organizing principle and structrure
- the central character and whether we can empathize with her
- the individual voices we hear
- the insightful comments and sharp observations about life
- the creative writing class
- childhood memories and metaphors
- the rich descriptive style
The informal discussion is punctuated by pieces of music relating to the book:
- L’amour est un oiseau rebelle, from Bizet’s Carmen
- Overture from Janacek’s The Cunning Little Vixen
- Quatuor pour la fin du temps, Messiaen
- Oniro Demeno (Greece)