This panel proposed by the Community Media Forum Europe aims to discuss current policy issues in European Community Media in the context of the transition to digital broadcasting systems.
Short presentations will give on overview of the European contexts
– Pieter de Wit, An European Overview of current policy issues
– Mojca Plansak, The state of European Digital Radio Research
and of national/regional case studies
– Christer Hederström & Rui Monteiro, Digital Community Television in the Nordic countries
– Helmut Peissl, Community Radio Policy in Austria, Germany and Switzerland
– Lawrie Hallett, The Digital Switchover context in the UK
– Emmanuel Boutterin, DRM+ and the digital challenge/experimentation in France
– Michael R. Kogler, Deputy Department Manager at the Office of the Federal Chancellor, in charge of Media affairs and Information Society and Director the office of the Federal Communication Senate
The panel will be introduced by a tribute to two community media activists that left us this year in: ‚How we got here: a tribute to the work of Thomas Kupfer and Christoph Lindemeier for Community Media in Europe‘.
With: Michael Kogler, Pieter de Wit, Mojca Plansak, Christer Hederstrom, Rui Monteiro, Helmut Peissl, Lawrie Hallett, Salvatore Scifo (moderator)